§120.533 FS | COORDINATION OF THE TRANSMITTAL, INDEXING, AND LISTING OF AGENCY FINAL ORDERS BY DEPARTMENT OF STATE
The Department of State shall:
(1) Coordinate the transmittal, indexing, management, preservation, and availability of agency final orders that must be transmitted, indexed, or listed pursuant to s.
(2) Provide guidelines for indexing agency final orders. More than one system for indexing may be approved by the Department of State, including systems or methods in use, or proposed for use, by an agency. More than one system may be approved for use by a single agency as best serves the needs of that agency and the public.
(3) Provide for storage and retrieval systems to be maintained by agencies pursuant to s. 120.53(5) for indexing, and making available agency final orders by subject matter. The Department of State may authorize more than one system, including systems in use by an agency. Storage and retrieval systems that may be used by an agency include, without limitation, a designated reporter or reporters, a microfilming system, an automated system, or any other system considered appropriate by the Department of State.
(4) Provide standards and guidelines for the certification and electronic transmittal of copies of agency final orders to the division, as required under s. 120.53, and, to protect the integrity and authenticity of information publicly accessible through the electronic database, coordinate and provide standards and guidelines to ensure the security of copies of agency final orders transmitted and maintained in the electronic database by the division under s. 120.53(1).
(5) For each agency, determine which final orders must be indexed or transmitted.
(6) Require each agency to report to the department concerning which types or categories of agency orders establish precedent for each agency.
(7) Adopt rules as necessary to administer its responsibilities under this section, which shall be binding on all agencies including the division acting in the capacity of official compiler of administrative final orders under s. 120.53, notwithstanding s. 120.65. The Department of State may provide for an alternative official compiler to manage and operate the division’s database and related services if the Administration Commission determines that the performance of the division as official compiler is unsatisfactory.
History.—s. 9, ch. 91-30; s. 1, ch. 91-191; s. 7, ch. 96-159; s. 3, ch. 2015-155.