§119.035 FS | OFFICERS-ELECT
(1) It is the policy of this state that the provisions of this chapter apply to officers-elect upon their election to public office. Such officers-elect shall adopt and implement reasonable measures to ensure compliance with the public records obligations set forth in this chapter.
(2) Public records of an officer-elect shall be maintained in accordance with the policies and procedures of the public office to which the officer has been elected.
(3) If an officer-elect, individually or as part of a transition process, creates or uses an online or electronic communication or recordkeeping system, all public records maintained on such system shall be preserved so as not to impair the ability of the public to inspect or copy such public records.
(4) Upon taking the oath of office, the officer-elect shall, as soon as practicable, deliver to the person or persons responsible for records and information management in such office all public records kept or received in the transaction of official business during the period following election to public office.
(5) As used in this section, the term “officer-elect” means the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the Attorney General, the Chief Financial Officer, and the Commissioner of Agriculture.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2012-25.