|prev policy||fchr handbooks home||next policy|
The Executive Director shall NOT permit Commissioners to be uninformed or unsupported. Furthermore, the Executive Director shall NOT:
1. Submit data and information in an untimely, unclear, or inaccurate fashion.
2. Fail to inform the Commissioners of relevant trends, anticipated adverse media coverage, threatened or pending lawsuits, and changes to established Commission policies.
3. Fail to advise the Commissioners if, in the Executive Director’s opinion, the Commission is not in compliance with its own policies and/or state statutes and administrative rules.
4. Fail to advise the Commissioners if, in the Executive Director’s opinion, a Commissioner’s behavior is detrimental to the Commission or to the working relationship between the Commissioner(s) and the Executive Director.
5. Fail to provide a mechanism for official Commission communication.
6. Fail to deal with the Commissioners as a collegiate body except when (a) fulfilling individual requests for information or (b) responding to individual officers or committees duly charged to serve in such capacity by the Commissioners as a body. Adopted by the Florida Commission on Human Relations on this 17th day of September, 2014, signed by the Chair, with the following Commissioners present:
|Gilbert Singer, Chair|