TBD | How-To Guide: Certificate of Indigence from Appellate Court (US)
Home About Contact Certificate of Indigence (Appellate Court) (US)

How-To: Get Free Access to Appellate Courts (Federal)

Background: You are appealling your case in a federal appellate court
Problem: You cannot afford the Court's costs/fees (eg. the $505 filing fee, etc.)
Solution: You move the Court to waive the legal fees in your case

I. Legal Citations

28 USC §1915 | Proceedings in Forma Pauperis
"(a)(1) Subject to subsection (b), any court of the United States may authorize the commencement, prosecution or defense of any suit, action or proceeding, civil or criminal, or appeal therein, without prepayment of fees or security therefor, by a person who submits an affidavit..." Rule 24(a)(1) Fed. R. App. P. | Proceedings in Forma Pauperis
"Motion in the District Court. Except as stated in Rule 24(a)(3), a party to a district-court action who desires to appeal in forma pauperis must file a motion in the district court." Rule 24-2 11th Cir. R. | Motion for Leave to Proceed on Appeal in Forma Pauperis
"A motion for leave to proceed on appeal in forma pauperis may be filed in the court of appeals within 30 days after service of notice of the action of the district court denying leave to proceed on appeal in forma pauperis."

II. Samples

# PDF Comments
1USNYWD. 2007 | Income = $40 | Expenses = $0 | Bank = $77 | Prisoner.

III. Forms

# PDF Comments
1Official Court Form. Interactive.

IV. Quick Commentary

V. Additional Notes

VI. Additional resources

VII. Conclusion

If you cannot afford the standard legal fees of your federal appeal, the Court may provide you a Certificate of Civil Indigence. Thereby eliminating your need to prepay.

Congratulations! You're now booked up on how to get a federal court of appeals to waive the legal fees in your appellate case.

Please get the justice you deserve.


Send Email

You Might Also Like